Transforming with business architecture_
Organizations are increasingly forced to transform their business operations and to develop the organization accordingly. Such a transformation requires an approach in which coherence is realized between strategy, business operations and organization. Business architecture contributes to such change processes and BIZBOK (Business Architecture Body Of Knowledge®) gives direction to these processes, by connecting different instruments in a balanced way. The Certified Business Architect® masters the approach, backgrounds and tools of BIZBOK and is therefore able to support the transformation in his or her organization.
After this track
- you have passed the exam for Certified Business Architect®.
- you have knowledge of the recommended approach for drafting, managing and using business architecture.
- you have knowledge of a series of techniques and models that you use in identifying the interests and drawing up the business architecture.
You are also familiar with the themes:
- Business Architecture Core Mapping Knowledge
- Business Architecture & IT Architecture Alignment
- Business Architecture Situation & Scenario Usage
- Business Architecture Extended Mapping Knowledge
- Business Architecture Alignment with Related Business Disciplines
The track CBA-BIZBOK consists of the following five modules:
Module 1: Overview CBA
Introduction to the topics and structure of BIZBOK, the Business Architecture Body Of Knowledge and the route to certification. We highlight the most important topics and their interdependencies.
Module 2: Foundation
In this module you will get acquainted with most fundamental concepts from the Business Architecture Framework and how you can use this framework to move from strategy development to feasible plans. You will receive tools with which you can translate the strategy into project initiatives, so that you can then form the project portfolio.
Module 3: Business motivation / strategy
BIZBOK has four primary domains in which business architecture is practiced. In this module you will be given the principles, guidelines, methods and techniques with which you bring the capabilities, information, value chain and organization in line with the strategic objectives.
Module 4: Business transformation
This module elaborates on the alignment of business architecture with related disciplines in architecture, engineering and transformation. We’ll discuss how organizations will benefit of an in place business architecture to execute their transformation.
Module 5: Business operations
In this last module the relation between important business models and business architecture is set out. You will be given the tools, principles and guidelines for mapping legislation and regulations, stakeholders, etc. The roles in the teams will also be discussed.